Posted: February 22, 2017 in Uncategorized
Teen Tech Week is when libraries make the time to showcase all of the great digital resources and services that are available to help teens succeed in school and prepare for college and 21st century careers.
Celebrate the next Teen Tech Week with the theme “Be the Source of Change,” March 5-11, 2017.
This year’s theme encourages teens to take advantage of all the great digital resources offered through the library to make a positive change in their life and community.
Check out our events for the week and be sure to sign up for them!
Posted: January 9, 2017 in Uncategorized
In 2017 I’ve planned more programs for the 12 and up crowd then I ever have before! I hope you come visit to try out a few, let me know what you think, and tell me what stuff you’d like to see us doing.
I know everyone is super busy with homework, after school jobs, drivers ed, the play, band, and a whole bunch of other stuff! If you need a quiet place to work, have your study group meet here. If you need a quiet place to escape for a little while, come hang out and write, listen to music, or read! We have all of 2016’s highest rated YA books available! If you do not like or need a quiet place, well then, get your friends together and sign up for a program and we’ll have a blast!
A few examples of what’s coming up can be found below and if you want to look super far ahead (and be able to sign up for stuff online) you can visit our Program Site. If you want to just check out the calendar, that’s here ! If you have any questions, give me a call at 203-888-6944 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you soon!
Posted: January 3, 2017 in Uncategorized
Join the Junior Friends!
The Jr. Friends are an important part of how our library runs! This year the Jr. Friends will be…
Helping to choose books to add to the library
Planning and hosting a program
Writing and posting book reviews
Helping with the Friends Book Sale
Participating in volunteer days at the library… And much more!
Be a part of how the library works!
At the January meeting we’ll be making book trailers and other reviews that will be posted throughout the library.
Registration is required so make sure to sign up! You can sign up by calling 203-888-6944, emailing email@example.com, or visiting tinyurl.com/OxfordCTLibrary!
Posted: September 26, 2016 in Uncategorized
This year has brought a lot of teens into the library for volunteer opportunities which has been an awesome chance to get to know more of you in the area and get ideas for better teen programs! If there is ever an idea you have for a meet up, program, or anything else you’d like to hold at the e-mail please just give me a call at 203-888-6944 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would LOVE to have you!
We have some programs coming up that we’re all super excited about! I hope you’ll find them interesting too and join us! Bring a friend or two or seven! Don’t forget, if you want to do any of the activities just call or email the library and we’ll sign you up 🙂
- SPECIAL VISITOR – Ghost Hunting 101 – Monday 10/3 5:30PM
- Have you ever wanted to meet a real Ghost Hunter? Do you want to hear actual recordings of ghosts captured at haunted houses in and around the Connecticut and New York area? Join paranormal investigator Barry Pirro of ConnecticutGhostHunter.com who will share chilling stories from recent investigations, play recordings of real ghosts, and share ghost hunting tips. Questions will be answered and members of the audience will have a chance to share their ghost stories. He visits many libraries and the testimonials will assure you that this lecture is not to be missed! Check out testimonials from other libraries and get more info on Barry and his research at ConnecticutGhostHunter.com
- This program is for adults and young adults ages 12 and up **Registration Required**
- Pokémon Club – Tuesday 10/4 4:15PM
- Whether you play the video games or cards or enjoy the show and movies, come play against or just chat with other friends interested in Pokémon!
- Registration Required. All Ages Welcome!
- SPECIAL EVENT! Junior Friends Welcome Meeting! October 11th 4:15pm
- The Junior Friends of the Oxford Public Library is back for the 2016-2017 session! The Jr. Friends are an important part of how our library runs! This year the Jr. Friends will be…
- Helping to choose books to add to the library
- Planning and hosting a program
- Writing and posting book reviews
- Helping with the Friends Book Sale
- Participating in volunteer days at the libraryAnd much more! At this meeting we will be introducing ourselves, looking through book catalogs, and planning our first program!
- Ages 8 – 18 **Registration Required**
- Teen Book Night/ Teen Read Week Celebration – Thursday 10/13 6:00PM
- October 9th—15th is teen read week! Come celebrate your love of all things literary at our teen read week party! There will be bingo, trivia, charades, pizza, and prizes!
- Grades 7th – 12th **Registration Required**
- Super Sweet Haunted Houses – Wednesday 10/26 3:30PM
- We’ll be constructing haunted houses out of candy, crackers, sauces, and more!
- Grades 7th – 12th **Registration Required**
Posted: June 16, 2016 in Uncategorized
We’ll be pulling tickets for the teen prizes all summer long! Below you will find a schedule of what prizes will be presented when, so that you can get your tickets to the prize you’re aiming for!
Monday June 27th: Four reserved seat voucher for a CT Tigers Home Baseball Game (can #7)
Thursday June 30th: A $10 gift card to Barnes and Noble (can #6)
Tuesday July 5th: A free banana split from Country Creamery (can #2)
Thursday July 7th: Four reserved seat voucher for a CT Tigers Home Baseball Game (can #8)
Monday July 11th: A $10 gift card to Barnes and Noble (can #3)
Thursday July 14th: An inflatable chair (can #9)
Monday July 18th: Two Passes for One Hour at Rockin’ Jump Trampoline Park (can #10)
Thursday July 21st: A gift certificate to Phoenix Yoga (can #12)
Monday July 25th: A free banana split from Country Creamery (can #1)
Thursday July 28th: A drawing pad and oil pastels (can #5)
Monday August 1st: Two Passes for One Hour at Rockin’ Jump Trampoline Park (can #11)
Thursday August 4th: $25 Amazon Gift Card (can #4)
All tickets will be pulled between 6 and 7pm and winners will be contacted by phone. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!
Posted: June 8, 2016 in Uncategorized
We have some amazing prizes for this summer’s reading challenge!
For students entering 7th – 12th grade the prize system works a little differently. For every hour you read you will receive a ticket which you can put in a can with a number on it. Each of these cans has a number corresponding with one of our prizes.
Prizes include passes to a trampoline park, tickets to a baseball game, free ice cream sundaes, amazon gift cards, and more!
You can earn even more tickets to enter for prizes by coming to programs, completing mini-challenges, and reading more!
You can sign up for the summer reading challenge from June 15th – July 8th!
Call or visit the library to find out more!